The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football is structured as follows:
- 7 x coaching workshops (3.5 days in total)
- FA Safeguarding Children Workshop (3 hours)
- FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football (3 hours)
- 5 x Online learning modules
There are no prerequisites to begin this course, although learners must be at least 16 years of age.
Workshops will be approximately 50% theory and 50% practical. If you are unable to take part in physical activity, please notify the course organiser and tutor.
Throughout the course, you will be introduced to:
- The England DNA
- The FA 4 Corner Model which will help you gain a better understanding of long-term player development
- The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping you construct appropriate practices and sessions
- A series of practical coaching ideas, giving you the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe and engaging practices
Attendance at all sessions is mandatory. Certification can only be awarded upon full completion of face-to-face workshops and online learning. If you have already attended an FA Introduction to First Aid in Football or FA Safeguarding Workshop within the last 3 years, please contact your course organiser.